Besti and I have a lot in common, but the thing that solidifies our friendship is the fact that she makes me a better person. When you are lucky enough you have someone who is a strong, focused, gentle, funny, and compassionate. The best thing about Besti is her daughter, the Duchess.
I am blessed to have Duchess call me her aunt.
Duchess is a toddler. Three years old to be exact. With that comes the stage of defiance. Although it may be frustrating, there are times that she is quite comical. For a three year old is is smart. I know everyone says this about a small one they love, but she is really smart. At three years old you can hold a conversation with her if she will let you. I love the Duchess.
So enough of the back story and lets get to the point.
I woke up this morning, HUNGOVER. This one is definitely one of the top three bad mornings. I have to thank Dr. Franks semi dry Riesling and some Red Cat. It may have been fun last night, but today there was no fun to feeling so ill.
Besti and I had today off together, since it was my last day of vacation, it was only right to do something with our children. Besti's idea.......CJ's House of Bounce in Camillus. The place was awesome. But for me, hungover, sitting in a bouncy house with screaming children was like....um I have nothing, it was no good. I persevered and we had lunch and ended a long afternoon with some hugs, kisses, and evil faces.
I am lucky enough. I have Besti and Duchess. Through the baby pterodactyl cries and the terrible threes episodes I was able to have a memorable day. Now I just have to work on the alcohol withdrawls.
"I may be cute, but I will make your ears bleed"

No comments:
Post a Comment