Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Today I am surrounded by everything I am thankful for.

This past year has been a rough one.  I have experience family drama, depression, stress induced sickness, pneumonia, grey hair, and lots of tears.  Not exactly what I would of wanted, but today as I sit here I am thankful for all those things that have happened to me.  For every bad thing that has happened I have many good things that have happened too.

I have started a blog, confessed my love for all things Twilight, Princess and I are in a good place (a.k.a. we have not had an argument since June), my marriage is in a good place because my husband has made me a priority, Besti and Dutchess are always there for me no matter what, and everyday even though I have fought it for years I do know that I am like mother in more ways than one and that is a good thing.

So as I sit here typing away I am listening to my family cooking our turkey dinner.  Lil' Bub and Dutchess are playing and dancing to 80's music, Princess tried peeling potatoes after a failed attempt at bringing stuffing, Besti has saved the day with turkey and pumpkin squares, and I am happy, really happy.

Today is not exactly the way I would of wanted it, MeMe is sick and Bub is not here, but I know I am loved and I love my entire "family" with every fibre of my being.

So today please remember that family is not who is related to you, but who relates to you.  Be thankful for those who surround you today, express your love every chance you get.  And eat until you burst, wait 30 minutes and eat again.

Happy Thanksgiving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment