You can't stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes.
Winnie the Pooh
Piglet, Pooh's Little Instruction Book
It is easy to get caught up in yourself, your routines, your problems. Easier to let them fester, grow, and exist. As humans it is only natural for us to seek out others, blood related or not, to find companionship. We need each other to survive. Surely we can live a solitary life, but where is the fun in all of that.
I find it all too easy to get lost in work, reading, emotions, and myself. I like being alone, by myself. Even though my biggest fear is being alone, I often prefer solitude. I make no fucking sense. I like to think it is my way of dealing with stress. I have lots of stress.
Life is not always fair and relationships are hard. There are times when you fuck up. You drop the ball. You are inconsistent. Mean. Stubborn. You make a mistake. And it is OK. We are suppose to screw up, we are suppose to learn to fix the mistakes, we are suppose to be better because they happened.
As long as we remember that companionship is only a phone call away and when you need a friend you sometimes have to ask, never take them for granted. If you are wrong, take the time to ensure they know how you feel. If you want to be alone, take the time to let them know you are still here and love them.
This week I have been consumed by my job. It is no ones burden, but mine. All the while my friends and family have to deal with my absence in their lives. I love them and miss them, but all the while, I do try to send them a text to let them know I am alive and soon I will be back. Then they will all wish that I would go away.
No comments:
Post a Comment