Saturday, November 19, 2011

What Twilight has taught me about life.

For the people in my daily life it was no surprise when I was lost in dreamland and shackled to the computer or any streaming, social network technology for the majority of the week for it was The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part One premiere week!!



I spent most of my time between the television watching previously recorded episodes of Jimmy Kimmel, Letterman, Leno, and Jimmy Fallon.  Making sure Ellen and Regis & Kelly, the Early Show and the Today Show was being taped on the right day.  Following the "crazies" on Twitter that were camped out in "Tent City" waiting for the L.A. premiere as they watched the first three installments of the saga on a large screen and awaited visits from various cast bearing gifts.  Rushing home on a Monday to watch the live stream of the L.A. event for two and half hours just to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.

To say I was exhausted would be an understatement.  I was absorbing every bit of information on a movie that I knew the ending to and I had watched every clip and seen every released still of the movie I could find, watched countless interviews, and still I was excited at what the movie still could offer me.

Leaving for the movie one hour before it started (This is the only movie I have EVER been on time to) I was nervous, anxious, and a little scared.  What if I saw everything important already?  Could I have actually in my excitement ruined what I have waited a year for?  The possibility exsisted for that second and I wondered if the thirty dollars I spent on tickets and refreshments would be a terrible waste.

As the movie ended and the theatre emptied out I remained seated.  I knew that there was one more scene left after the credits.  I waited for the names to vanish and the secret scene to apprear.  The scene was not new to me as I had scene most of it already.

As I watched I realized that even though I had seen most of the movie broken down into clips and photos I never knew exactly how it fit together.  For the time leading up to Novemeber 18, 2011 I saw glimpes, just little parts of the saga, but together in succession they told a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment