Monday, July 26, 2010

Hypocrites, Liars, and Bitches! OH MY!

Like Dorothy I feel like I am in a forest of some really scary creatures.

I have always tried to live on the side of good. I pride myself in being honest, but I know that there have been times when I have been a "creature of that forest".

I always find it funny when someone will condemn another for what they are so willing to do themselves. Recent events have shown me that there is so much more of this than I was aware. I understand that I am with faults just like everyone else, but we should be living by some code, moral or not, right??

My favorite lines, the pot calling the kettle black, what is good for the goose is good for the gander, people in glass houses.........BLAH BLAH BLAH, I could go on for days.....

According to Wiki "Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing
beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie." No shit.

and that brings me to liars.....


white lie n. An often trivial, diplomatic or well-intentioned untruth.

Well intentioned truth??? Are you fucking kidding me. "Yeah that dress looks good on you" Actually you like cow and now everyone will you know you have back boobs. How is that well-intentioned??? And we are all guilty of it. How are we helping others if we do not even have the balls to tell them the truth. I believe lying is one of the ultimate selfish acts. It is done to save face, make it easier on the liar, keep others from know who they really are.

The worst liar is yourself too. Think about a time when you told yourself something and you know it was not true. He is not cheating on me, I can climb that mountain, I will not spend too much money at the mall. Not only do we lie to others we do it to ourselves.

I am all for a full day of honesty. I am not saying that it will be easy or you won't get hurt. I just think we owe it to ourselves, to each other. Hell, it should be a Hallmark holiday. Imagine getting a card that reads " You are a fucking bitch when you have PMS, but I still love you all the same. Happy Honesty Day." Now that is a holiday I will gladly celebrate, I would decorate for it.

Like I said before I am guilty of these offenses too. I am not without sin. Maybe the difference between me and others is that I will admit that. I am not afriad to say it out loud. Stand from the rooftops and scream,

"I am a fucking bitch and I know it. I mess shit up all the time. I tell white lies, and judge others, and sometimes I am mean because.....I don't know why!"

That felt good. I am human. I fuck up. I apologize. I move on. And hopefully next time, I will be a bit more careful.




No comments:

Post a Comment