Last week I was invited to a conference call for work by our newly reassigned "boss".
In his email he asked us three basic questions.
1. What should we keep doing?
2. What should we stop doing?
3. What should we start doing?
And since the email arrived I have been thinking a lot about those questions. I have answers of course, but some of my thoughts wandered to my personal life.
1. What should I keep doing?
I should keep being honest with myself and those around me whom I love. I should keep grounded, even if it means Robert Pattinson will never fall in love with me. I should keep the ones I love close. I should keep fighting for what I believe in. I should keep grounded and never let today pass me by. I should keep loving without excuses and keep my negative internal thoughts to myself. I should keep being me.
2. What should I stop doing?
I should stop alienating those who I do not understand. I should stop all the voices in my head that tell me I am not good enough. I should stop fighting with those who mean so much for me, just so I can test the boundaries of our relationships. I should stop making excuses for my laziness and get busy. I should stop smoking. I should stop any behaviour that makes me doubt my potential.
3. What should I start doing?
I should start being happy. I should start telling my mom how much I love her everyday. I should start to accept that life is not perfect, but it still is wonderful. I should volunteer more of my time to those who need it. I should start to live for today, because tomorrow is not promised. I should start to forgive those who have hurt me. I should start accepting who I am and start to know that everyday I do make a difference.
It is easy to take the low road and to feel sorry for the life you have been given, I know because I have been there. But at the end of the day when you are alone with yourself, take a moment and think about these three questions. This could be a revelation that you need, I know it has changed me.
"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

No comments:
Post a Comment