"Blood" to me is complicated, carries lots of baggage and is full of guilt. It contains resentment and grudges. "Blood" can be tiring and frustrating. You can not escape it easily and if you do there are always unpleasant consequences.
"Water" is optional. It is easier. It is on your terms if you allow it to be. "Water" usually resolves differences with time. There are fewer expectations and far more rewards. There are no lifelong bonds, no hidden ties that keep you connected.
Wow, I am so jaded. Wonder why?????
It could be the fact my family tree is full of half dead leaves and loads of nuts.
It could be all the scars that run so deep are all from "blood".
It took "water" to heal those wounds. "Water" took me in when "blood" threw me out.
The love of my life is "water", there is no genetic tie to us. Just love. Most of my "family" is "water". Found as I walked through life. They have stood by me, they are who I call when I am sad, they remember my birthday, and they love me for no other reason except because they do.
"Blood" stains and leaves you tired. "Water" leaves you refreshed and replenished.
So at the end of the day, just before you fall to sleep remember this quote............
"Now that's what I call high quality H2O"--Bobby Boucher, The Waterboy
I really wanted to hit the 'like' button but there isn't one, but i just wanted to say that as one of the nuts that fell far from the tree i do understand.
ReplyDeleteIve never heard anyone contradict the old adage so convincingly.
This was one of the easiest post for me to make. It just flowed out of me like a babbling brook.....there is more water there too......
ReplyDelete