Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fuck It List

August and September are the two months in the year that my family dreads.  They remind us of lost love ones and often I find myself reflecting on my life and the path I have taken.

I often think of the things I want to do before I die, Bucket List.  There are so many things that I want to do before I kick the "bucket".  I want to travel overseas, I want to drive across country with my son, I want to meet someone famous.  I would like to do something terrifying like bungee jumping or have sex in public, read all the classic literature novels.  There are just things that I would like to experience before I no longer have the chance. 

There are also things I plan on never doing, Fuck it List.  Some of the things on my Fuck it List I have done once and I swear to never do again.  I never want to wear hip waders in a swamp, take a 7 mile hike up two mountains to see a water carved out rock, have sinus surgery.  I will not put tasks before my family or relaxation, put inconsiderate people's needs before my own, get so crazy that I lose myself.  I will not forget who I am and who my family is.  I will not let the stuff I can not control upset me, I will not watch the movie, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar", or wax Bub's back and the most important thing.....       I will not take myself too seriously.

I am most happy when I am laughing and joking.  My mind is free and my shoulders are light.  There is no forced smile.  I am in my zone and I am invincible, all because I have learned along the way that if something is not working for you, then it should go on the Fuck it List and have a little fun.



Quite Possibly the Worst Date Movie.....ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment