It is amazing to be able to watch your child grow up right before your eyes. I wonder if other parents feel the same way as I do about their children. I am proud of who I have raised so far and I have many stories to prove it.
My son is generous. Two years ago he saved money he earned or was given to donate to a local family whose child was sick at birth. He raised $50.00, I think, and he gave it all to help the family. All by himself. We never made him save the money for anything it was his decision to save money for this child. He has also served the community with me through some service events. He understands the concept of giving back and enjoys it.
My son is well mannered, well as much as can be expected from a 7 year old. Just today he was walking into a store and held the door for his younger cousin and for a family walking out. I smiled thinking he is quite the gentleman. There was a BOGO sale on Nintendo DS games and he gave up his opportunity to get 2 games for himself, because he wanted to let his younger cousin get the second one, because she really wanted one.
He is conscious of who he is in this world. He asked me today if he was a "normal" kid. I laughed because I knew what he was thinking... Do all my friends have a life like mine, Do they do the same things I do, like hold doors and act mature in public. We have witnessed together in stores of children far older than eight treating their parents disrespectfully and mouthing off , it is just different from the way my Lil Bub thinks and acts.
I am blessed that every day I am able to walk this earth with my boy. He is everything I have ever dreamed of. We, Bubba and I , do make an effort to be good role models and provide him with a normal and realistic outlook on life. It is not easy, but it is satisfying.
At the end of the day when it is time to go to bed, he always says, "Mom, kiss and hug. I love you. Good night.". I smile, knowing that no matter what I do or where I go there is this child, who is the perfect combination of my husband and I, who loves me no matter what. And that just melts my heart.
Happy Birthday Bigger Boy. Your mom loves you too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment