Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sublimial Messages of Love or Lust

If you are old enough, then you will remember the art of mixed tapes. 

Nothing says "I really want to dry hump you" better than a cassette of songs recorded from the radio or if you are cool, then a dual cassette deck.  Whenever I hear about mixed tapes I laugh and think back to my tween/teen years.  Unrequited love at its best.

Dire hard romantic that you may be, it was only through songs that your admiration could be relayed.  Why not use some stranger's words to say what you mean?  I have made my fair share of tapes over the years.  I am not so certain if any did end up in my secret crushes hands, but I just made them so I could sing about my love and alert dogs from far away that I was most likely in heat.

So I am gonna lay down a list of songs that rock the mixed tape.

Every Morning - Sugar Ray
Stay-lisa loeb
Amazed - Aerosmith
I Swear - All For One
Nothing Compared 2 U - Sinead OConner
Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Always - Bon Jovi
I Wanna Sex You Up - Color Me Badd
When I look Into Your Eyes - Firehouse
Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
Eternal Flame - Bangles
You Got It All - The Jets
Heaven - Warrant

So the next time you find yourself wanting to express yourself to someone special, think about a mixed tape.  (Well mixed cd, unless you are really creative, then an iTunes playlist.)  I am not sure if Memorex still sells the plastic tape that can set your love straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment