Happy New Year my friends!
With a new year upon us, many people feel the need to develop resolutions. I have done it before. I have made resolutions to quit smoking, lose weight, be nicer, stop swearing, save money, and eat healthier. Guess how many of those stuck?
NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. I have no self control, each year I start out by setting myself up for failure. Now is that anyway to kick off a perfectly good year? I say No.
After some deep thought about resolutions I also thought it was really stupid to wait until January 1 to start to improve or quit a habit that has spiraled out of control. I would think that if you have something you want to change about yourself or lifestyle should you really wait to change? Would you not be better off to start the moment you realize that a change is needed?
Imagine watching your house go up in flames and making a decision that the house should burn for at least 30 minutes until it is the perfect moment to attempt to distinguish the flames. Then you can resolve to put the fire out. Sounds pretty stupid if you put it in that context, because if your house was on fire you would do whatever you could to put it out as soon as you could. No silly declarations of determined goals, just a big fucking hose and lots of water.
So this year I am going to take a different approach to this resolution business. I say fuck it. I am not setting myself up for disaster, my fate already has that under control. And when the rest of you get home from the gym or have a nasty aftertaste or rash from tobacco cessation products drop me a line, I will be here since I have nothing else to do since I am resolution free.
Love to You,
BS
This is the first year I've kept a resolution. We decided we were going to eat less healthy and gain weight... and we are still doing it
ReplyDelete