Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grab your helmets because I am back!!!!

Just like spring has sprung so have I!

I am back from my hiatus.  Why have I been gone for so long?   Real Life has given me an ass kicking of epic proportions.  So without further interruption let's get it started.......

Being an adult is not what it was supposed to be.

I spent my childhood wanting to be older, to be able to do things on my own.  I wanted to make my own decisions, live in my own house, and to do what I wanted when I wanted.

Too bad that is not what happened.  With all the responsibility came more responsibility.

I am pretty pissed off too at my educational institution for not teaching me how to cope with being an adult.  Instead they wanted to teach me about history, science, literature, mathematical equations, home economics, and a second language.

What I needed was a class on navigating through adulthood.  I needed to learn how to be in a committed relationship with someone of the opposite sex (or same sex if that's how you roll), how to find a job that will actually cover the costs of living, how to budget money and what to do if there is not enough.

Instead I was thrown into this world with the confidence of a lion and the knowledge of a gnat.

So now I sit here more than fifteen years later physically drained and mentally challenged. I  have figured out on my own how to cope in real adult life.  This concept alone drives me fucking crazy.  What did school actually teach me?

I learned that nothing is easier than showing up and listening to someone talk about some subject.  In comparison to working 8 to 10 hours at a job that makes you feel like you are running inside a hamster wheel of death. Homework is better than housework. I would never need home economics as long as restaurants deliver.  Never mix bleach and ammonia. Balancing a checkbook is great as long as you have MONEY in the account.

And the most important thing that I learned........

Drinking and sex are still a fun ways to relax, too bad real life has taken the fun out of them too.

So my beautiful readers I hope you have enjoyed my rant today.  I have lots of things to say and believe me when I tell you that you will be hearing from me again.

Kisses and kicks to the head,

BS

2 comments:

  1. Do you really want to Kick me in the head? I thought you and I had established my "brain-damagedness" over the last 6 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often felt the exact same way. some lessons on how to pay the rent first then pay everything else, how to live within your means and not get into enormous debt would help. All those school vacations and days off doesn't prepare you for having only 2 weeks vacation and 6 holidays (unless you become a teacher). School did not teach us much about the real world. Did they actually think our parents would? Is that what they were supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete