Thursday, August 5, 2010

Excuse me, you're an asshole. Thank You.

Spending as much time as I do dealing with the public, I have developed a very strong opinion about the general public and how they treat others.

Last night I was standing in line at the gas station to pay for my Vitamin Water XXX. Ahead of me was a young lady waiting for the cashier to come to the register and she was standing to the side deciding what kind of pizza she was going to buy. I was only three feet behind her, when a man walked past me and put his stuff on the counter. I stood there in awe. I am not someone who could be missed and I am surely not invisible either.

My favorite is when I am at a store cashing out. Nothing annoys me more then when someone inches up so i can not even enter my pin number at the cash register. I want to turn around and smack someone in the head. Give me some space people. Damn.

As a parent it was my job to teach my son manners. As soon as he started to talk, I taught him "please" "thank you" "excuse me" and other pleasantries. It was very important to me that he used these in public to show respect. Too bad so many other parents failed to do the same. It amazes me when a stranger expects me to hold the door for them and does not even say "thanks".

I think everyone should remember to be kind and polite. Its not hard to say "thank you" or "please".

So please refrain from being a complete dickheads and use some manners or I will start kicking your asses. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment