I am happy to report that I have been married for 12 years. That is a huge accomplishment for any couple. I can not say that it was an "easy" 12 years, but sitting here now I am happy (and my husband has not pissed me off today).
We are no Romeo and Juliet, Edward and Bella, or even Sandra and Jesse.........oh fuck they broke up.
As I was saying, We are not perfect. Our marriage has stress fractures and blunt force trauma, but despite all the conflicts one thing remains the same. We love each other and we like each other.
Lets hop into my Deloran and take us back to Summer 1995...............
It was at a party that he should of never been at, really. It was not his friends or even his scene, but he was walking home from Romeo's and stumbled upon a party that one of his friends knew about.
It started with small talk and laughing. It ended the night with pleas to "just kiss him". I was not interested in any short term commitment or long term commitment at that time in my life. I was having fun "dating" a few guys. I did not kiss him.
Fast forward a couple months. Same house, same circumstances, same pleas. I was not really into the whole thing. He was cute and funny. I had my eye reluctantly on another fella. The next morning we all woke up on the floor together and departed. I realized then, once sober that maybe I do like him a little. He made me laugh, he made me feel good, he made me smile.
This is when he decided to ignore me. Figures.
As any best friend would, Princess and Besti helped me stalk him. Once I properly stalked, I put myself out there to be venerable.
He did not hurt me. He accepted me for who I was. And eventually he loved me, of course he said it first.....
There are many things I can tell you about my husband of 12 years. The only thing that matters is that when I did not think I could be loved, he loved me. When I thought I would be nothing, he made me something. When I thought that life was full of heartache, he showed me joy. He restored my faith and taught me commitment. And for that I will always be grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment