Throughout my life there has been one person who has been a significant part of my life. This entry is the beginning of many that will explain the complicated relationship between two women.
Princess. What does that mean?
prin·cess
Pronunciation: \ˈprin(t)-səs, ˈprin-ˌses, (usual British) prin-ˈses\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 archaic : a woman having sovereign power
2 : a female member of a royal family; especially : a daughter or granddaughter of a sovereign
3 : the consort of a prince
4 : one likened to a princess; especially : a woman of high rank or of high standing in her class or profession
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/princess
Now that we have the "official" definition, let me tell you my definition of a princess.
Pronunciation: \ˈprin(t)-səs, ˈprin-ˌses, (usual British) prin-ˈses\
Function: noun
Date: 20th century
1 : a person who has been a part of my "family" for the last twenty five years
2 : a person who is stubborn and resistant to change
3 : a person who is most likely to stop in front of any mirror and take multiple photos of herself
4 : one likened to a particular way of living. "That girl lives like a princess, she expects us to bow down before her"
My first memory of Princess is not actually a positive memory. It all started when her older sister dated my uncle and they conspired to get us together to play. Not sure how many bowls they smoked prior to this because you could not get two people that were much more different than us. I went to her house. We watched her sister get ready for a date. Her sister sat next to me on the end of a twin bed, the bed had a foot board, Princess did not like that I was getting any attention from her sister and she pushed me out of the way and I fell into the foot board. That little bitch gave me a huge bruise on my thigh. That should of been all the warning I needed. I should of ran, never came back. I was so fucking dumb. After all I was blond.
So I stayed. I can report that she did not injury me any further on that night. Well not that I remember........
I have decided that I would post Princess stories as a tribute to a very long lasting friendship. I can tell you that there are some really good stories to tell. Some may make you laugh and some may make you cry. Some might actually make think about someone similar in your own life.
I will leave you with a picture that sums up this stage in our friendship.

at least you are past the training wheels stage
ReplyDelete