For those of you out there wondering about my name, Black Swan, I figured I would let you in on why I chose Black Swan. It was no mere coincidence, for many reasons it called to me.
Let us start with a basic explanation.
Black Swan.....a swan is a beautiful bird. White and graceful. When described as black it takes on a new meaning....wrong, bad, different. I think all these adjectives sum me up. Beautiful, graceful, wrong, bad, and different. Ugly duckling complex. Yup, sounds like me.
In the vampire world, a black swan is a friend, lover, or someone who is mortal and is close to a vampire or the vampire community. This person may or may not be a doner. We all know about my love for all things Twilight or vampires, so this is fitting.
Back to Twilight, I am no Bella Swan, but I know I am a black swan.
My favorite definition of Black Swan describes an event that deviates from what is normally expected from any situation and would be seriously hard to predict. An anomaly of sorts, unpredicted and random. Kind of like a butterfly effect or ripple effect. Many things in history have been claimed to be Black Swan Events and I claim to be one of them.
So I think I did a good job of picking a name for my blog. It tells something about me, gives you a glimpse into my head and provides some insight for my future writing.
I hope you all enjoy. And I have been slacking lately. Some crazy things have been going on and I will share them all with you real soon.
Black Swan
Black Swan.....a swan is a beautiful bird. White and graceful. When described as black it takes on a new meaning....wrong, bad, different. I think all these adjectives sum me up. Beautiful, graceful, wrong, bad, and different. Ugly duckling complex. Yup, sounds like me.
In the vampire world, a black swan is a friend, lover, or someone who is mortal and is close to a vampire or the vampire community. This person may or may not be a doner. We all know about my love for all things Twilight or vampires, so this is fitting.
Back to Twilight, I am no Bella Swan, but I know I am a black swan.
My favorite definition of Black Swan describes an event that deviates from what is normally expected from any situation and would be seriously hard to predict. An anomaly of sorts, unpredicted and random. Kind of like a butterfly effect or ripple effect. Many things in history have been claimed to be Black Swan Events and I claim to be one of them.
So I think I did a good job of picking a name for my blog. It tells something about me, gives you a glimpse into my head and provides some insight for my future writing.
I hope you all enjoy. And I have been slacking lately. Some crazy things have been going on and I will share them all with you real soon.
Black Swan

No comments:
Post a Comment